[luau] Verizon DSL

yuser at hi.net yuser at hi.net
Thu Feb 20 04:17:00 PST 2003

Now this was like 1997 so I could be way off...

LUAU (or whatever it was called years ago) got an after hours guided
tour of the Miliani RR and cable facility thanks to Doug Stanfield.
There was a lot of interesting stuff in there and it was definitely
full of things that geeks would love.  I remember a multiple OC12 (or
OC3?) ring around Oahu to tie everything together.  Things may have
changed since then.

The three things that stood out the most about the tour was Doug's
ability to the explain and answer every question we had, the Linux
DHCP servers suppliing the CM's, and the huge wall of monitors that
people look at all day to verify the television signal quality of
each and every station.