[luau] any electricians out there?

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 18 14:23:01 PST 2003

This is what was forwarded to me by a guy that does alot of trade show
electrical work:  Does this plan make any sense to you?

/brian chee

<start forward>
An L21-20 has three "hot" legs on different phases, a neutral, and a
ground. The best way is to get a few of the "doghouses" that the
electricans at the LVCC use...

For cables, get some 12-5 type SO cable and a plug. Wire the green to the
middle
terminal, white to the silver one, and the others to the brass terminals.

For the box, get a 3 space electrical box, install 3 duplex receptacles
(don't use the 49 cent ones, use the $5 ones ("spec grade" or better),
connect green to the box and all three green(ground) terminals, the
white to the silver-colored screws on the recep's and the black, red,
whatever
the other color is (usually red or orange), to the brass screws on the
recep's.
<end forward>

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab