Fwd: Re: [luau] any electricians out there?

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Mon Feb 17 22:40:01 PST 2003

attachment at http://whoever.net/outlet.pdf
your system might be just using two phases out of three.

Subject: Re: [luau] any electricians out there?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 22:17:34 -1000
From: whenever <whatever at whoever.net>
To: Brian Chee <chee at hawaii.edu>

are you talking about three phase L2120R ? you can find it in the NEC book, I
had my book at work, but I found a pdf that show it on page 14.  Becarefully
on isolating the different phases and don't cause a short, phase-phase is
208v, any phase to sys ground is 120, reversing the hot and netural will make
your equipment case hot.  If you are taping in without a outlet plug, even
it's a temporary, you should know the requirment from the NEC book first, if
anything happens, insurance might not cover it and you could get in big
trouble.

good luck