[luau] Help with lan drivers for nvidia and 3com

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sun Feb 16 20:39:00 PST 2003

Alvin Murphy wrote:
> Hi:  My son got a "killer" box for his birthday with a fast AMD
> processor and a board with two onboard lan "cards";  I have my own
> drive, so I installed Mdk 9, which is fine, but I cannot find drivers
> for either card. Cany anyone help.  WinXp identifies one as Nvidia
> nForce MCP, the other as 3com 3c902b-EMB integrated fast ic controller.
> Appreicate any help finding driver(s).

I'm pretty sure the 3c902b onboard uses the 3c59x (included with kernel) module.
  However, the nForce one I'm not sure of.  The output of lspci may be helpful
(look for ethernet controllers).  I'm not sure how good Linux's suspport for the
nForce is.  I know there's in-kernel support for the IDE on it at least.
However, it's possible that it's just been relabeled by windows and is a clone
of another device.

MCP would seem to indicate a sound device, rather than an ethernet device though.

--MonMotha