[luau] java on linux question - sorry, source inserted

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 11 16:18:01 PST 2003

The ultimate horror, source code.  Uhm, for those people who program in
Java on Linux, is there any reason that everything here wouldn't stack
up nice and clear at least horizontally?

I've got:
button.	button.	button.	button.	button.	button.
label..	two block TF...	label..	two block TF...
two block TF...	four block TextArea............
button.	button.	button.	button.	combobx	label..

For some reason, the buttons on top in row 0 are all different widths,
and everything below is apropriately messed up to follow.  Am I goofing,
or is this Linux specific?  I don't have any other machine to test it on
right this sec.

-Charles

public MacroInterface()
{
         setLayout(new GridBagLayout());
         GridBagConstraints g = new GridBagConstraints();
         g.gridx = 0;
         g.gridy = 0;
         g.gridwidth = 1;
         g.fill = GridBagConstraints.BOTH;
         g.weightx = 1;

         // row 0
         for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++)
         {
             macroFunctionButton[i] = new Button();

             macroFunctionButton[i].setLabel("Function " + i);
             g.gridx = i;
             add(macroFunctionButton[i], g);
         }
         g.gridx = 5;