[luau] Is the Videl FTP site down?

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Tue Feb 11 14:14:00 PST 2003

Brian Chee wrote:
> ok...I just tried the ftp://..... from the same subnet as videl(it
> works)....it would seem that one of my upstream routers is losing its
> mind....the next time someone runs into this issue...could you do a
> traceroute to videl.ics.hawaii.edu and email it to me....none of my
> monitoring systems are indicating drop outs, but several folks have told
> me of videl disappearing for about a minute and then coming back. This
> is VERY much sounding like an upstream router with a problem of dumping
> its routing tables and rebuilding them....but I can't seem to find which
> one (no snmp access)....but traceroute from the outside will at least
> tell me where the packets are stopping.
>
> /brian chee

I haven't had any problems recently, but in the past it's almost always been
keller-to-lisa.uhnet.net, which is the last hop for me.  There have been times
when it's been the border router, though my route to you seems to have changed
(great, even *MORE* crummy ATDN hops).

Repeating, I can currently access videl fine, but in the past the keller-to-list
hop (and sometimes ATM-to-manoa) has been the problem.

--MonMotha