[luau] garbage in man ouput

bhoward at hale.org bhoward at hale.org
Sun Feb 9 02:42:01 PST 2003

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Luoma <luoma at hawaii.edu> writes:

Bill> Hi,
Bill> I've recently installed rh8 and am getting some funny output
Bill> with man if I ssh or telnet into the box. I've tried it with
Bill> windows telnet, secure crt as vt100, secure shell as xterm,
Bill> and cygwin ssh with TERM=cygwin.

Bill> The output appears fine if I use the box as a workstation,
Bill> either under x or in single user mode.

Bill> GCC(1)                                GNU                               GCC(1)

The man command seems to have problems with the default utf-8 settings
installed with redhat-8.0.  Unset the LC_CTYPE environment variable
(or set it to something other than ja.UTF-8, en.UTF-8 and you should
be sorted.

					Bruce