[luau] garbage in man ouput

Bill Luoma luoma at hawaii.edu
Sat Feb 8 08:52:00 PST 2003

Hi,

I've recently installed rh8 and am getting some funny output
with man if I ssh or telnet into the box. I've tried it with
windows telnet, secure crt as vt100, secure shell as xterm,
and cygwin ssh with TERM=cygwin.

The output appears fine if I use the box as a workstation,
either under x or in single user mode.

GCC(1)                                GNU                               GCC(1)

NAME
       gcc â^' GNU project C and C++ compiler

SYNOPSIS
       gcc [â^'câ",â^'Sâ",â^'E] [â^'std=standard]
           [â^'g] [â^'pg] [â^'Olevel]
           [â^'Wwarn...] [â^'pedantic]
           [â^'Idir...] [â^'Ldir...]
           [â^'Dmacro[=defn]...] [â^'Umacro]
           [â^'foption...] [â^'mmachineâ??option...]
           [â^'o outfile] infile...

       Only the most useful options are listed here; see below for the remainâ??
       der.  g++ accepts mostly the same options as gcc.

DESCRIPTION
       When you invoke GCC, it normally does preprocessing, compilation,
       assembly and linking.  The â?~â?~overall optionsâ?Tâ?T allow you to stop
this
       process at an intermediate stage.  For example, the â^'c option says not
       to run the linker.  Then the output consists of object files output by
       the assembler.

thanks,
Bill