[luau] a little script question

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Tue Feb 4 00:58:01 PST 2003

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 19:55:31 -1000
Alvin Murphy <amurphy at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

> I have written a small bash script which starts one of my programs
> (ViaVoice); in order for it to run properly, I have to be in supervisor
> mode, i.e. run "su" and "password" ; my question: is there any way to
> write that into the script itself? Thanks

I assume you are using Mac OS X. I haven't used it enough to offer
specific instructions. You should avoid anything that you would use as a
plain user that requires root privleges, because of security. Is it
posible to start the program as a service as the system boots, like Samba
or ssh or postfix?

--