[luau] More Postfix

Maddog maddog at heavymetalradio.net
Wed Dec 24 13:35:00 PST 2003

Ok I figured out the problem. I needed to have
$myhostname = test-email.tsg.com and
$Mydomain =  tsg.com

I can now send email to donm at test-email and it works fine. Problem I am having is that i don't understand how the virtual domains work. Do I make an entry in the aliases file? Is there a file I create i.e. file/name with virtual domain entries or si there a file existing that I edit? It also states in the MAN pages something about editing the mydestination in main.cf but I had no luck there either.

I think I am just not understanding what it says in the MAN pages. Can someone be so kind as to clarify or give me an example of what it is I am trying to do?

I want to be able to receive mail at foo.com so in mydestination I am using the following:
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain $mydomain
Do I then just add localhost.foo.com? or is there another way?

Thanks,
Maddog
Owner/Program Director
Maddog Rock Radio