[luau] Proposal for HOSEF Servers

R.Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Mon Dec 8 08:29:00 PST 2003

On Sunday, December 7, 2003, at 11:17 PM, Warren Togami wrote:

> Several parts of your proposal indicated taking the 160GB and/or 120GB
> disk for the new server.  This seemed to me like an emotional outcry
> rather than from any technical reason, and there are much better ways
> in
> doing this.  Reasons:

If you are going to write a letter where you try to put the "quibbling"
behind us, be clear in your facts and please do not take slight shots
like calling your misunderstanding of my statements an "emotional
outcry rather than from any technical reason."  I initially said that
the 160gb drive would just go to the new HOSEF server because you were
so rude about not consulting with you more.  I then stated that the
drive was HOSEF's for *us* to decide what was best.  Because all the
extra storage did not seem to be wanted, I presumed that the old 120gb
drive would go to the new HOSEF mirror.  It does make more sense for it
to go to the oceanic mirror.  There was no emotional outcry, I was just
trying to make pro-active suggestions based on the limited information
I have about what your plans are.

--scott