[luau] service confusion: tftpd setup: resolution

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Tue Aug 26 07:24:00 PDT 2003

fyi,

Here's the executive summary of me getting tftpd running properly (sort of).

Starting the tftpd service and turning off your iptables definitely
allows tftpd to work.  I ran into a bunch of confusion because the box I
was using as a test client to see if it was working was also a Linux
machine, and the ipchains stuff setup and running on this clien machine
was preventing the tftpd on the host computer from sending the files I
was trying to transfer.

Turn of the client firewall, everything worked.

Some time this week I'm going to try some configurations with firewalls
up, see if I can get them working.  If anyone is ever interested, please
feel free to email me.

-Charles