[luau] MonMotha Firewall question

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Aug 16 20:57:01 PDT 2003

Aloha,

	I am currently running -pre9 on a single machine that I am using as my sole
connection to the internet. (I used to run behind a router + firewall, but
that got packed up and moved to California recently.)  Anyway, I am now
seeing a bunch of entries in my console logs related to port 135 scans.
(Blaster worm???)  My /etc/services doesn't list port 135, so I went googling
and discovered that port 135 appears to be active directory related.  I don't
think I need that for my Linux box....   Is there an easy way to just drop
those port 135  packets dead on the floor and forget about them?  Is this a
good idea?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalos,

Ben