[luau] Groklaw details about IBM counter-attack

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Fri Aug 8 10:40:01 PDT 2003

Hi Warren-

If necessary, I can send you IBM's counterclaims (in pdf format).  The
Utah federal district court has adopted the electronic filing system,
and all the court filings can be found on-line.  (One of the things that
IBM talked about, was about the GPL "protection".  Since IBM brought
patents into the equation, the GPL issue may be much bigger than
everyone had ever thought.  Remember RMS, the person some of us used to
despite--shame on us--and who was treated as if having a deadly
transmittable disease?  He may eventually win the Nobel peace price.)

BTW, has it ever been mentioned anywhere that Iraq's former Information
Minister is now working for SCO?  (I believe everyone in the IP business
will really laugh at SCO's comment that "[i]f IBM were serious about
addressing the real problems with Linux, it would offer full customer
indemnification".  It is well known that no one should sign an
idenmnification agreement unless this is an industrial norm, as this may
be inferred as evidence of wilful infringement.)