[luau] Installing LTSP Class

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Thu Aug 7 14:33:01 PDT 2003

HOSEF will be hosting an installing Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP)
Class at McKinley Community School. Scott Belford will be teaching this
hands-on class.

This class will focus on the install and setup of a particular LTSP
project called K12LTSP ( http://k12ltsp.org/contents.html ). K12LTSP
lets you boot diskless workstations from an applications server.

This will be a hands-on class. You will install the LTSP server,
make boot disks for thin clients, connect a thin client to the server
and execute administrative tasks and maintainence.

Topics to be covered:
 - Install
 - Setup
 - Making Boot Disks
 - Disk Quotas
 - User Desktops: Customizing & Controlling
 - Setting up a Print Server
 - Blocking website access
 - various other topics...

Seating is limited to 20. *Please register* by emailing me at
michael_bishop at notes.k12.hi.us

Where:        McKinley Community School
              634 Pensacola Street, Room 208

When:         Wednesday, August 13, 2003 from 6pm - 8pm

Cost:         None

Map:          http://mcsa.k12.hi.us/map.gif

Parking:      As you pull in the driveway on Pensacola, its the first gate
              on the left.

Entrance:     The building entrance is in the middle of the building. Go up
              the stairs, first left and then right. Your there.

Elevator:     As you enter the building doors, head down the short hallway,
              take a left and follow the hallway until you reach stairs. Go
              through the door under the stairs, take a left, straight
              ahead.

Email me if you have any questions. See you there.

Michael Bishop
Technology Coordinator
McKinley Community School
429-3030