[luau] procmail recipe

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Mon Aug 4 11:26:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 11:06:35AM -1000, Ronnie Baron wrote:
> I'm trying to create a procmail recipe for the list so it goes to a
> specific folder but the one I have is not working. Any suggestions?
>
> :O:
> * ^List-Id:.*luau.videl.ics.hawaii.edu
> /var/spool/mail/luau
>
> :O:
> * ^(from:|cc:|to:).*luau
> /var/spool/mail/luau

Use :0 H:, instead of just :0:, otherwise you check the body of
the message, waste CPU cycles, and have false matches.

If you enable logging, you might see that you are unable to
deliver to /var/spool/mail/luau. Save your messages under your
home direcotory, like $HOME/Mail/luau.

I would avoid using the last rule, but you can more correctly
write it as: * ^(From:|TO_).*luau

And be sure to check the procmail(ex|rc) man pages.

-Vince