[luau] Linux Accounting Software

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Wed Apr 30 21:35:01 PDT 2003

Aloha,

Thought I would let people know about a Linux accounting software solution
I found.  It is not open-source, but it sounds good.

Appgen® MyBooks Professional
MyBooks Professional is the ideal financial platform for any upwardly
mobile small business because it is a true high-end package for a truly low
price. This tightly integrated package of award-winning business and
accounting applications runs on Linux, Macintosh and Windows platforms
right out of the box, it can be modified to meet your changing needs, and
you can even migrate your business to traditional world class computing
platforms such as SCO Unix, AIX, and Sun Solaris when your business grows
that big or demanding, without ever having to re-enter your data or retrain
your staff .

They also have more professional financial managment software:

The Appgen® Custom Suite provides Fortune-sized management power and
productivity to small and midsize businesses. These 11 feature-rich
applications built on the Appgen Collaborative Commerce Platform are
available as economical standalone modules that can be purchased as needed.
For companies or corporations that need customized solutions and
personalized service, these Appgen Collaborative Commerce modules can be
tailored for your business by an authorized Value Added Reseller or
Appgen's Professional Services Group.  With Appgen, there is never a need
to purge data. All of your data, including archival data, remains instantly
accessible all of the time—with no system slowdown—and you can drill all
the way down to any original document from any inquiry screen at any time.
The Appgen Collaborative Commercemodules are modifiable, scalable, portable
and support both multi-user and multi-company environments. Furthermore,
they provide true integration for businesses that use multiple operating
systems.  The same powerful applications that run in a Windows, Linux, or
Mac platform can be easily upgraded to run on IBM AIX, SCO Unix, Sun
Solaris, and everything else that matters—without re-entering data or
retraining your staff.

Check it out at http://www.appgen.com

They also sell a Business-in-a-Box server with the software preinstalled on
a Toshiba's SG20 Applianceserver with Redhat.  Check it out here:
http://www.appgen.com/toshiba/toshiba.html

Later,
Dusty