[luau] Road Runner Vs. DSL revisited

Randall Oshita roshita at uniserveinc.com
Wed Apr 23 11:50:01 PDT 2003

>>I'm actually doing this very thing, right now. We currently have
>>RoadRunner, and are switching to a 768/768k plan for DSL, with one
>>static IP. It's really the static IP that sold me, though, as
>>RoadRunner doesn't offer that, to the best of my knowledge.

Dude with the RR business class, you can get a static IP plus a dial-up
account, whooohooo.
768/768 blows your CIR is only 10%, someone on the list mentioned it
might be lower.

If you really need good speeds and DSL is the right price you might want
to consider an ISP service such as Century Computers that peers with
HIX, Time Warner etc.. they have a list. If your upper is also on
Century they can peer you privately so your connection does not even hit
the internet. You will see much more bandwidth this way.
This is fact as my company used 768/768 from an ISP, which sucked, then
moved to Century where we seen much improvements. CIR still the same but
peering privately helps a ton.

Randall