[luau] Problems with MySQL

Erich S. sharky at websharx.com
Tue Apr 22 16:22:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

It sounds like mysqld is not running based on your description.

Are you sure the mysqld process running? I usually check this by doing a
'ps aux' to see what processes are running. mysqld needs to be running for
you to be able to use mysql.

I can start this process manually by running safe_mysqld from the mysql
directory:

- go to my mysql directory (note: your location may differ)
# cd /usr/local/mysql

- then fire up mysqld
# ./bin/safe_mysqld &

Once I've done that I can use mysql from a command prompt.

Hope that helps,
	Sharky