[luau] Linux Certification

tongaloa at atl.org tongaloa at atl.org
Thu Apr 17 03:50:01 PDT 2003

IMO, certification is a BAD thing. A barber shop diploma does not
make a skilled barber. Unfortunately, recognition as a barber
might require the diploma.

But, if you're gonna get one, I'd recommend the redhat because
they appear to be in the best potition to be a profitable linux
business and because some of the things they are doing, toward this end,
will allow them to include a 'bag-o-tricks' as part of their
certification program. Whether or not the aim is to get a certificate,
I suspect that one will have to at least go through the redhat
certification material to stay on top of what they've done with each
new release. Especially for their 'enterprise' products.

-bob
ah7i, ah7i/4