[luau] a dream i had last night

Ho'ala Greevy hoala at secretbonus.com
Fri Apr 11 15:14:01 PDT 2003

I'm sitting in a crowded waiting room at an airport in France, unsure of
how i got there and minding my own business, when suddenly a young kid
asks aloud, "I heard Linux servers don't perform as well as Microsoft
servers and Microsoft servers can actually do more than Linux servers!"

All of a sudden, I find myself walking to the middle of the room and
protesting, in a most audible manner, "That's not true!  I have clients
running their entire businesses from Linux servers.  You can do way more
with Linux, I have proof!"  Shock and awe fills the room- no one's buying
into it.  Then, the same kid asks, "Yea, but what about shared contacts?"

"OpenLDAP!" I retort.

All of a sudden, behind me and from across the room, another kid jumps in
with, "I'm using OpenLDAP and I can't get my NFS mounts to work.  It
sucks!"

I then counter with, "Don't blame ldap, maybe you don't have NFS working
properly."

The dream ends with me standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by
doubters in a French airport waiting room.

man, you know you got it bad when you dream about the stuff :-P

Ho'ala