[luau] Open Source bill in Oregon

kimo at ohananet.com kimo at ohananet.com
Thu Apr 10 13:42:00 PDT 2003

Hey folks,

as a follow up the the previous article on a bill to form the Open Source
Software forOregon Act:

http://news.com.com/2100-1012-996210.html

the bill doesn't mandate the use of open source, but rather, it would
require the stateto consider using open-source software when buying new programs.

i don't think we need to mandate the use of open source in Hawaii gov, but
i think asimilar bill to require it's consideration would be good thing.  it's all
about awarenessand educating these folks about the benefits of open source solutions.  if
we can dothat without a bill, great...but can we?

cheers,
kimo