[luau] ISP recommendation...

Garcia, Nelson C Nelson.C.Garcia at baesystems.com
Wed Apr 9 01:38:00 PDT 2003

I'm not sure any more what ISPs mean by "supporting Linux". That may be a
leftover from when DHCP, PPP and other networking utilities in Linux were
inconsistent in some distributions. Also, "back in the day" ISPs would give
you browser and email software with installation and those were usually
Microsoft.
IMHO the more logical approach is to say that if you ever need to call your
ISP for software support then perhaps Linux is not for you (and not vice
versa).
So this could be some unintentional FUD in the part of ISPs. Most of them
use Linux themselves anyway.
There is a free magazine at most computer stores in Hawaii - I think is
called Hawaii Online - that lists *most* ISPs in Hawaii on every issue on
side-by-side comparison.
My vote is for Flex. You can sign up online and be up in minutes.
Aloha,
Nelson