[luau] /usr/src

michael paix at softhome.net
Tue Apr 8 06:50:01 PDT 2003

...i would assume you have two built working kernels living in /boot or
/ somewhere?   its a good idea to have a backup kernel and have
lilo.conf configured  for it.  	why don't you do a du -sh /* or so to
see what size these things are, but of technically you could get away
without any of these if the kernels are built and modules. you would
need to relink in some cases if certain kernel patchs were installed or
so i imagine, probably a good idea in general to ln -s to the current
kernel tree in general. 	of course i'm a debian guy, but hope that helps?

Mike

[ben at VALinux ben]$ ls -l /usr/src
total 16
drwxrwxr-x    3 root     root         4096 Sep  7  2001 kernel
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 May  5  2001 linux ->
linux-2.2.18pre11
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root         4096 Feb 22  2002 linux-2.2.18pre11
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           19 Mar 22 01:36 linux-2.4 ->
linux-2.4.18-27.7.x
drwxr-xr-x   17 root     root         4096 Mar 22 01:36 linux-2.4.18-27.7.x
drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root         4096 Feb 15  2002 redhat
[ben at VALinux ben]$

	If I delete the linux-2.2.18pre11 directory, do I need to relink /../linux
to something else?  What other risks do I run in this clean up???