[luau] Solaris x86 ver 8 and Intel Pro 10/100 S Nic Problem

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Fri Apr 4 12:37:01 PST 2003

Bill wrote:

> Yes, and I separately tested the cable with other boxes to verify the cable
> was ok.

If the cable to the other boxes you are trying to ping goes thru a
router check to see that they are all either 10 or 100. I had a client
who had an an odd card connected to the router and the ping would not go
through. If we removed the odd card everything worked fine.
--
Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.