[luau] Mandrake 9 & Geforce4 MX420

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Mon Sep 30 21:27:00 PDT 2002

I really don't know what the heck is going on, but this is what happened.

When the installation of the nVidia driver totally screwed up my
machine, it simply booted to runlevel 3.

So I logged in, cd'd to /etc/X11, used vi to edit the XF~-4 file by
commenting out the "glx" line.  This allowed me to reboot back to KDE.
 But I was stucked with a generic integrated GeForce2 DDR, and was
unable to change the video setting.

So I decided to give it a last shot before re-install.  I uncommented
the "glx" line, went to Mandrake control center, changed to video driver
to GeForce4.  While I was expecting everying to screw up again, the test
screen suddenly came up.  After I clicked on "OK", the nVidia screen
showed up, and everything seems to be working.

BTW, Eric, how do you fix the sound driver?