[luau] ics412: operating systems

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Mon Sep 30 11:06:00 PDT 2002

Ronnie T Livingston wrote:

>I think a lot of students tend to gripe a lot and maybe get there way.  I
>am also taking the 412 class and I remember Pat mentioning early on that
>he was going to give each student 3 opportunities to take a quiz and the
>final score you receive would be given to you.  I liked this Idea because
>then I wouldn't be stuck on quizes, taking it over and over until I
>receive the 34 passing score, unfortunately that is not the case.

Jeez, I don't remember him saying that.  My life would really be sucking
if he was to follow through with that.   Section 3, Chapter 5 almost
killed me.

>This is a good point and there are many a time where I wished that I lived
>on campus and didn't have to work.  Unfortunately, that is not the case.

It was one of the things I too felt like I missed out on when I was a
full time student.  Work played a significant part in killing many
aspects of student life for me.

-Charles