[luau] ics412: operating systems

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Mon Sep 30 08:00:01 PDT 2002

Uhm, I tend to think that comp-sci is a professional degree, as is
engineering, etc.  Versus majors like, history, or communications.  But
then they might not see it that way either.

But I understand and agree with where you're coming from.  Unfortunately
I have run into a lot of people who get into comp-sci/EE because there
are good jobs in that market place, not because they have any particular
interest in it.  The bummer is that eventually you end up working with
those people, and it can make getting things done more difficult.

-Charles