[luau] Linuxconf in 7.2

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Sep 27 19:53:00 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 19:26, linuxdan wrote:

>    We may be running 7.2 and 7.3 from the front end.   I have both loaded
> on my box with W2K Pro and XP.  I already have linuxconf running on one
> box and dont have another box to run.  I actually couldnt get another box
> to replace this one.  The 7.2 is running linuxconf.   The other unit is an
> Apple and a Sony LPT running 7.3.
>
> Dan

It may not be representative of what those people would use in Linux.
Linuxconf really is a terrible tool.  It would also be rather awkward
and embarrassing if it locks up during our presentation like it does
tend to do randomly, especially within the network configuration
options.

Red Hat dropped Linuxconf for a reason.  Its design is fundamentally
flawed, so they gave up on trying to fix its bugs and moved on to
writing their own tools.

I really think SuSE's YaST2, Mandrake DrakConf, Red Hat 8.0
redhat-config tools and Webmin would be much better to demonstrate.

Relying on Linuxconf is a terrible, terrible mistake.