[luau] Re: imap

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Thu Sep 26 14:22:00 PDT 2002

Warren Togami wrote:
snip

> Do you folks have a key with Verisign, or do you run your own CA?  I was
> thinking about UH running a CA, free for Hawaii non-profit folks.
> Anyone else interested in this?

I've long thought there needs to be some standard "CA" private key
that's publicly available for people to sign their SSL keys with that
would be "Encrypted, but host authenticity not guaranteed" without the
incessent nagging of the browser (basically, a one time thing when
entering SSL mode).  Of course IE would probably blow it out of
proportion just as much as they do the self signed certs in order to
keep the Verisign cartel going.

BTW, I think this thing would make a great wiki.  I personally am not
very good with mail stuff, especially configuring MTAs (yes, I know I
don't technically need one for something like this...), so any help I
could get would be useful.

--MonMotha