[luau] sendmail question

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Sep 25 18:00:01 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 17:27, Rodney Kanno wrote:
> > May I highly recommend using IMAP rather than POP.  Your mail will be
> > synchronized at all times instead of downloading messages all the time.
> >
> Can I use sendmail for that as well or do I use another program?
>
> Rodney

Sendmail is only SMTP, it has no relation to other mail services.  For
IMAP or POP servers you will need to install the "imap" package.  Enable
xinetd and then you can enable POP or IMAP servers.

up2date imap
chkconfig xinetd on
service xinetd start
chkconfig imap on

(use "chkconfig --list" to see what other services you have available)