[luau] Ed Case and Linux

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Wed Sep 25 09:04:09 PDT 2002

Talking about prominent "politicians", Warren, your neighbor Ann
Kobayashi is probably the best if not the only Hawaii "politician" to
understand the value of Linux and other OpenSource stuff.

I am sure everyone knows this:  In Hawaii, a city council seat is
actually more powerful than a state senate or representative.

Both Mink and Abercrombie held their Honolulu council seats before they
ran for the US Congress.  (BTW, when I was living in Washington DC, both
treated me as if I was one of their buddies; now I would be surprised if
either of them recognizes me.  :-)  )