[luau] Commercial Announcement Policy - Request for Comment

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Mon Sep 16 08:12:01 PDT 2002

Warren Togami wrote:

> I am thinking that possibly commercial service providers (company or
> business) should send me their announcements, and if I decide if it is
> within the interests of the Open Source Community it will be posted to
> the group.  This is one option I am considering.
>
> Comments?

How about a K5 like system for these kinds of things.  People post their
opportunity to a website, and people who have time to spare or who are
interested in these things "moderate" it.  Once it hits a certain score,
it gets posted to the list for all to see.

This makes the peer review a bit more fair as it's not just one or a few
people, but anyone who is willing to take a little time to browse
through all of them to pick the ones that they feel are in the best
interest of the community.

--MonMotha