[luau] Help with slow Mandrake 8.1 boot

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sun Sep 15 12:15:01 PDT 2002

"W. Wayne Liauh" wrote:

> BTW, if it is possible, I strongly you upgrade to Mandrake ProSuite 8.2
> (in Warren's mirror).  This is the best distro for at least desktops.
>
> I am anxious to move to Mandrake 9.0, b/c of the "built-in" Mozilla 1.1
> (printing of CJK characters) and KOffice 1.2 final (there are some
> problems with the KOffice 1.2 rpms).
>
> KOffice 1.2 really rocks.  Everyone should give it a try.

##################

Thanks Wayne,

I notice a network problem today. The slow loading may have been a
signal that something was not right.

I dont use K office only XFCE for the Gui, However, I do use Mozilla and
I am trying to get a copy of the Mandrake 9. to Try but I have trouble
getting it up even with the instructions you used successfully. I will
try again now that I got a Mandrake 8.1 to load on the box and as soon
as I make sure the network is OK.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043