[luau] Help with slow Mandrake 8.1 boot

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sat Sep 14 15:58:00 PDT 2002

The Mandrake box I installed 8.1 recently on is taking 8 min to boot.
The delay
is in the Modules loading section. It eventually loads to the text
screen which is what I want it to do.

Anybody know a way around this issue?

I had this trouble years ago with Caldera and I recall we had to change
some code in a startup file and it then loaded quickly bypassing the
hunting for non existing components.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043