[luau] Oceanic Linux Mirror - Donations Needed

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Sep 11 21:58:00 PDT 2002

Thanks to Doug Stanfield and Jeff Wong at Oceanic for agreeing to host a
Linux mirror at Oceanic.  When this mirror is installed, it will allow
uncapped bandwidth to Oceanic and Hawaii Roadrunner clients, which would
mean even faster and more reliable Linux downloads than Videl for these
people.

Unfortunately our upload cap to non-Oceanic networks will be fairly low,
so we will not be able to handle FTP clients from other ISP's.  This
however will alleviate a large amount of load on Videl, allowing others
to use more capacity from the University.

I plan on donating one of my personal mini-towers to be this mirror
server, but I would appreciate it if other people can donate RAM or a
large IDE hard drive.

This motherboard can have 3 sticks of 256MB ECC non-registered PC133
SDRAM.  I already have one stick.

Large IDE hard drive.  This motherboard has a Promise Ultra66 controller
which supports I think up to 120GB, though any size like 60 or 80GB
would be good.  Let me know if you want to contribute money to sponsor
part of a large hard drive, I will cover the rest.

Any other Internet providers out there willing to host a mirror?  Please
let me know and I will help you configure it.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
warren at togami.com