[luau] How to dispose of Win 2K license on new linux machine

Randall Oshita roshita at uniserveinc.com
Tue Sep 10 10:56:01 PDT 2002

> Make sure you NEVER clicked "OK" on that EULA though because once you
> have you forfeit your right to the refund.
>
> --MonMotha

But yes, you can't resell it in Hawaii. Best you can do is constantly
annoy Microsoft and demand your refund as stated you should be able to
receive in your EULA... unless the EULA has changed since then.  Please
read the EULA and check.

++++

I could see MAYBE why MS put a clause like that, i.e. if one person
resells it he can still keep that instance installed on his computer (or
whatever); probably other reasons as well. Could be MS wrote the EULA to
protect themselves, I think they over did it. But after going through
the stories and other readings it is almost obvious that MS has REALLY
distasteful business practices.
Could this happen to Red Hat if they become a power house? Or anyone,
with such an enormous business influence?

Just some thoughts you might not hear in a Linux group.
(im not backing up MS) =)

Thanks.
Randall Oshita