[luau] Digital Camera with Linux

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Tue Sep 10 10:38:01 PDT 2002

Not only that....gphoto supports a cli interface so that you can use cron to
take pictures and download them from the camera over any time period you
want....very useful...gphoto also supports multiple cameras on the USB
interface so that you could possibly also have several camera arranged in a
pattern and have then shoot at basically the same time....then an image
stitcher will allow for timed panaroma images to be taken....

While not terribly useful for security, it's really cool for time lapse
photography....if you wanna see what gphoto can do...take at look at my
project web site at: http://www.pods.hawaii.edu and look at the
cameras....these images were done with a nikon coolpix800 from linux boxes.
We've now got them running on the familier distro on the compaq ipaq..

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab
1680 East West Road, POST rm 311