[luau] How to dispose of Win 2K license on new linux machine

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Mon Sep 9 17:17:01 PDT 2002

tongaloa wrote:
> I just installed latest redhat beta on my new
> Fujitsu laptop (a steal at $999 from Tiger
> Direct, who surprised me with speedy and
> inexpensive shipping) Model is A1010.
>
> However, it was not available without the win
> 2ooo license. As I paid for it, never installed
> it, don't want it, I'd like to sell. The only
> problem is that the darn 'authenticity sticker'
> is glued to the machine, not to the CD case.
>
> Has anyone figured out how to get that sticker
> off without initiating the "VOID" symbol?
>
> Bob

You can't legally resell it.  The liscense is tied to that machine
permenantly.

However, you can attempt to get a refund.  There was an event a while
back where people supposedly lined MS headquarters and made them write
checks after MS insisted that it was Dell's repsponsibility.

Make sure you NEVER clicked "OK" on that EULA though because once you
have you forfeit your right to the refund.

--MonMotha