[luau] Mandrake 9.0 rc2 released

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Mon Sep 9 16:43:00 PDT 2002

I did a ftp installation which comprised the following main steps:

(1) downloaded network.img from videl mirror;

(2) burned it onto a floppy: dd if=network.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k ;

(3) re-booted the machine and waited until I was re-connected to the
videl mirror;

(4) skipped the first set of two questions, answered the first two of
the second set of four questions with "videl.ics.hawaii.edu" and
"/mirror/mandrake/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586", respectively; and

(5) began installation and answered the questions as if you were
installing from ISO images

(at the very end, make sure to answer "no," when asked whether you
wanted an update--this is the most recent info, there is no update)

The whole process took less than than 45 minutes with RoadRunner.  To my
great amazement (after beta 4, I really thought Mandrake had finally
fizzled out), RC2 is in a very fine shape, and should be ready to
release soon!

KOffice 1.2 (especially Kwrite) is great.  I strongly recommend everyone
to give it a try.