[luau] IMPORTANT - Upcoming List Policy

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Fri Sep 6 11:30:01 PDT 2002

Joe Linux wrote:
> I believe the so called list policy should actually contain a mission
> statement in preference to a set of rules and regulations.

Agreed.  There shouldn't be any hard rules per se.  Obviously don't go
posting your cursing fit because your SO just dumped you to the list.
That's both offtopic and uncalled for, however there are similar things
that may fall into a gray area.

For example, you may be upset because you lost your job (for whatever
reason), so you're asking if there are any Linux jobs in the area.  A
little emotion would be expected in the post, but you probably shouldn't
let it get out of hand.

This brings us back to the "self-censorship" thing.  Basically, if you
feel that your post will contribute to the objective of the list, post
it.  If it will accomplish nothing and just incite flames, it's probably
a better idea to keep it to yourself.

--MonMotha