[luau] IMPORTANT - Upcoming List Policy

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Fri Sep 6 11:27:01 PDT 2002

Randall Oshita wrote:
> --MonMotha
>
> P.S. Good to see another person who uses PGP :) I've been using it to
> sign my firewalls for a while, but just recently got around to setting
> up Enigmail to use it with mail.
>

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Do you mean that attachment? (.dat file)
>
> What is it used for? I've seen this before and you just stirred some
> interest.
> Please inform.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Randall

In theory it shouldn't show up as an attachment.  It's inlined with
MIME, but the mailer shouldn't display it (but can see it if it's PGP
enabled).  I know Mozilla doesn't normally show it as an attachment
(though Enigmail sees the signature), but I'm not sure about Outlook
(which you would appear to use).  The MIME description does NOT give it
a file name, so if it's showing up as a file Outlook is making things up
again :)

I'm not sure if you're familiar with PGP, but the GPG page (GNU Privacy
Guard, an OpenPGP implementation) has a lot of juicy info.

--MonMotha