[luau] IMPORTANT - Upcoming List Policy

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Fri Sep 6 11:13:00 PDT 2002

The basic idea behind the gpg checksum in an email is that its a code that
uniquely distinguishes mon motha.  If you go into your mail client and set
the from line to "MonMotha" and throw his email address in there, there's no
other way to verify that its actually from him.  With a little big of
hacking, I could get my email to even say that its originating from his IP
address.  The things I don't understand about the gpg is

1.  who actually checks them
2.  What's to keep me from copying yours and throwing it in my mails?

-Eric Hattemer