[luau] Warchalking - Interesting!

Ho'ala Greevy hoala at secretbonus.com
Thu Sep 5 00:47:00 PDT 2002

http://www.secadministrator.com/articles/index.cfm?articleid=26207

"This week, I encountered the relatively new trend called "warchalking,"
which is related to war driving. War drivers use chalk to identify
buildings that run wireless networks. According to what I've read, four
men sitting at a pizza parlor in London developed warchalking, after at
least one of them saw UK Architectural Association students design an
office floor plan on the pavement. One of the men mentioned that hobos had
once used symbols to pass along useful information, such as identifying
houses at which they could get meals. The four men then decided that they
could use a similar technique to identify unprotected wireless networks."