[luau] M$ secret code....

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Tue Sep 3 21:35:01 PDT 2002

To be honest, I don't know which one I meant.  I get confused with all of
the {a,p,c,i} accronyms that exist.  There's APIC, ACPI, and possibly a
third.  One of which is a somewhat new motherboard specification that routes
all devices down one interrupt, after which the motherboard splits those
into little virtual interrupts that it uses for its own processor
interrupts.  Mostly this was just because the old system only had 16IRQs,
and some people might need more without having drivers that support IRQ
sharring.

-Eric Hattemer