[luau] M$ secret code....

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Tue Sep 3 11:45:00 PDT 2002

<First off, name another intel operating system that handles plugnplay as
well or better than windows.  Linux is close, but windows will often seem to
support plugnplay even better because it tends to have many more built-in
drivers.>

I figure that, Eric, you have tried MDK 9.0 RC1, yet. :-)  In terms of
plugging one HD configured from one system and playing it in another, this is
the best that I have ever seen.  There is no comparison from Windows, which
more often than not, is a pain in the 8th.  Unless you are using
esoteric hardware, Linux will definitely win.

MDK RC1 still has quite a few "very" rough edges, but it is exciting to see
a Linux distro taking such bold moves.  So far, Mandrake 9.0 has gone through 4
betas and one release candidate in just one month. Yes, this looks very dizzing,
but it is quite clear that Mandrake is busily gearing for the Christmas sales
of the WalMart Linux PCs.

<The APIC support in both windows and linux works just fine, but
windows has the option to turn APIC off on installation.>

I didn't know that Linux has APIC support?