[luau] Port Forwarding 2.4 kernel (RH 7.3)

Mike Ballon calzonie at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 1 17:53:01 PDT 2002

Thanks in advance....

So yet again something that I liked and knew quite well changed, I can't
port forward with the 2.4 kernel is save my life.  I like my old fw script
it works great (minus forwarding now) so I disabled the ipchains and
iptables init script after spending three hours pulling my hair out and use
my old script as of now.  All I want is simple port forwarding like I had
with ipmasqadm, help me out.

I want the following rule (I'll do the rest) ported to whatever the heck
works now if someone has a spare minute or two.  I'm running the stock RH
7.3 2.4.18-3 kernel.

$IPCHAINS -A input -i $ExtIF -p tcp -s 0/0 -d $ExtHostIP 25 -j ACCEPT
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $ExtHostIP 25 -R 192.168.0.5 25

Thanks oh here's the var's in case you want them, it's pretty much the same
as the one I demo'd at one of the luau mettings way back.

# Setup global variables here
IPCHAINS="/sbin/ipchains"

# Setup Internal LAN variables here
IntIF="eth1"
IntHostIP=`ifconfig eth1 | grep inet | awk -F: '{ print $2}' |awk -F" "
'{print $1}'`

# Setup External Internet variables here
ExtIF="eth0"
ExtHostIP=`ifconfig eth0 | grep inet | awk -F: '{ print $2}' |awk -F" "
'{print $1}'`