[luau] routing- linksys

Dean Fujioka surfdean at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Sep 1 11:13:00 PDT 2002

I agree with jeff here. The simplest way to configure a linksys router
is via the web browswer interface.
1st set your IP to 192.168.1.2 or something on the same net as the
router is by default.
2nd point your browser to 192.168.1.1
Login using the password supplied by linksys (admin) i think w/o
username.
3rd Change the IP of the router to be on your 10.0.0.x network.
CHANGE THE PASSWORD!!!
4th change the IP of your machine back to what it was on the 10.0.0.x
net, or use DHCP as Elaine mentioned.
If not using DHCP, set your gateway as the router's IP,
Set DNS if not already done and check your connectivity with pings or
browsers.

dean