[luau] 2.5 kernel error

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Sun Oct 27 19:41:01 PST 2002

I'm trying to build the latest of the 2.5 kernels for fun and I get this
error:

gmake -f net/ipv4/Makefile
  gcc -Wp,-MD,net/ipv4/.raw.o.d -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
-march=athlon  -Iarch/i386/mach-generic -nostdinc -iwithprefix
include    -DKBUILD_BASENAME=raw   -c -o net/ipv4/raw.o net/ipv4/raw.c
net/ipv4/raw.c: In function `raw_send_hdrinc':
net/ipv4/raw.c:297: `NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT' undeclared (first use in this
function)
net/ipv4/raw.c:297: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
net/ipv4/raw.c:297: for each function it appears in.)
gmake[2]: *** [net/ipv4/raw.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [net/ipv4] Error 2
gmake: *** [net] Error 2

I'm not familiar enough with the networking code in the kernel to know
what modules I need to add or subtract in order not to get this
message.  I've looked through all my options and set and unset
everything I could think of and I still get this error.  Anyone know
what option triggers raw.c and what NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT is and how I make
sure that's defined?  Please save the response "You shouldn't be
compiling 2.5 kernels" or anything like that.

-Eric Hattemer