[luau] MonMotha's Firewall

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Oct 25 17:25:00 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 15:46, eXt wrote:
>  I'm trying to get the Script to run, but i dont know were to put it...
>
> I tried a "walkthru" but it ommits some steps... (atleast for the newbies)
>
> "We now need to make symlinks to the run-levels. Make sure you're in the directory /etc/init.d and enter the following:
>
> # ln -s rc.firewall-2.x.x-prex /etc/rc2.d/S89firewall
> # ln -s rc.firewall-2.x.x-prex /etc/rc3.d/S89firewall
> # ln -s rc.firewall-2.x.x-prex /etc/rc4.d/S89firewall
> # ln -s rc.firewall-2.x.x-prex /etc/rc5.d/S89firewall

My walkthrough doesn't use links because I thought it would be too
confusing for a newbie.
http://www.mplug.org/phpwiki/index.php/BasicFirewallRouter

I simply put the script into /etc/rc.d/, change ownership to root.root
and only root can execute the script.

chown root.root rc.firewall-x.x.x-prex
chmod 700 rc.firewall-x.x.x-prex

Then I edit /etc/rc.d/rc.local and add /etc/rc.d/rc.firewal-.x.x.x-prex
as the last line of that script.  This guarantees that it is run only
after everything has loaded.  Yes this isn't the 'best' way to do it but
it is simple to explain and do.
 do that?

> also, i cant send e-mails form Evolution (or any e-mail) program for e-mail.  What settings do i need to use?
>
> I'm with RR.  and i know about the smtp-server.hawaii.rr.com and the pop-server. but it wont work

Did you create the account profile in Evolution?  My Evolution client
works fine with any POP, IMAP or SMTP server when set.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com